Create a PDF from your fax for free
Transform your fax file into a PDF document with our online service in just a few minutes for free
|File extension||.tiff, .tif||File extension|
|Internet media type||image/tiff
|Internet media type||application/pdf|
|File format name||Tag Image File Format||File format name||Portable Document Format|
|Associated programs||Adobe Photoshop, Corel Paint Shop Pro, Apple Preview, Microsoft Windows Photo Gallery Viewer||Associated programs||Adobe Viewer, Ghostscript, Ghostview, Xpdf, gPDF, Acrobat Reader|
|Developed by||Aldus, now Adobe Systems||Developed by||ISO|
|Initial Release:||1986||Initial Release:||June 15, 1993|
|Useful links:||https://www.adobe.io/ https://en.wikipedia.org/||Useful links:||https://whatis.techtarget.com/
How to guide
How to convert a fax to PDF
- Enter altofaxtopdf.com in your browser’s search field.
- Go to the website.
- Select the document from your device or upload it from a cloud storage (OneDrive, GoogleDrive, DropBox).
- Click Convert Now to change the format from fax to PDF.
- If needed, make alterations to the converted file using pdfFiller (an online editor) or add an e-signature using SignNow.
- Save the resulting document to your computer/mobile device or the online storage of your choice.
- Send the converted PDF via email or share it with one of the messengers from the options provided.
Comparison table and principal features
Due to the large number of software tools for converting, users might get confused in terms of which one to choose. However, not all of them provide the same benefits. For example, the possibility to change fax to PDF. Have a look at the chart below to compare AltoFaxtoPDF to other key players on the market.
|No software downloads||✔||✔||❌|
|Cloud storage||Unlimited||No info||No info|
|Price||Free||Free 7-Day Trial paid||Free 7-Day Trial paid|
|Encryption and security||✔||✔||✔|
Customer Reviews — Trusted by great people
What I particularly appreciate is that all the operations here are free. I can create PDF files out of my fax files without paying a penny. However, it’s the same quality as other reputable tools.
I started using the tool after my phone failed to open a fax file. I needed to convert it to PDF fast and AltoPDF saved me. Since then I’ve only been using this converter.
Converting fax to PDF files has never been easier for me! The tool’s user-friendly interface speeds up the process. And you can do everything online without any installations!
How to Convert Fax Files
How to transform a fax to a PDF online
The Alto Fax to PDF online conversion process is a perfect choice when you have a smooth Internet connection and don’t want to waste time installing expensive software. With a cloud-based conversion tool, everyone gets an opportunity to change a file’s format from any device. Even while on the go. Besides, having a free solution with a full suite of doc management tools saves you a lot of money.
Changing a fax to PDF with the Alto converter consists of the following steps:
- Open AltoFaxtoPDF and import a file. Drag and drop the document or import it from an internal or online storage.
- Once the doc is ready, change its format by clicking on the Convert Now button.
- Wait a few seconds and then save the new template.
- Repeat the operation with another file or make changes in the converted PDF doc.
Keep in mind that saving the file is important, because Alto doesn’t have any access to your documents. It automatically removes both the original doc and the final sample. This online service guarantees privacy. It requires no registration and has a user-friendly interface. Moreover, there’s no fixed number of faxes that can be converted. Every user has unlimited access.
A fax or .fax extension can be easily converted to PDF with the help of special programs that can be installed or found in an online browser. When comparing these methods, it’s more convenient to use online platforms such as AltoFaxtoPDF. It’s free, easy to use and doesn’t require you to sign up.