Create a PDF from your fax for free
Transform your fax file into a PDF document with our online service in just a few minutes for free.
|Internet media type||application/pdf|
|Description:||PDF is a one of the most popular formats. It’s full name is Portable Document Format. The reason PDF is so widely used is its ability to preserve original document formatting. It looks the same on any screen. This means you can view and share PDF document with any app and print it with any machine.|
|Initial Release:||15 June 1993|
How to guide:
How to convert a fax to PDF:
- Enter altofaxtopdf.com in your browser’s search field.
- Go to the website.
- Select the document from your device or upload it from a cloud storage (OneDrive, GoogleDrive, DropBox).
- Click Convert Now to change the format from fax to PDF.
- If needed, make alterations to the converted file using pdfFiller (an online editor) or add an e-signature using SignNow.
- Save the resulting document to your computer/mobile device or the online storage of your choice.
- Send the converted PDF via email or share it with one of the messengers from the options provided.
Comparison table and principal features
Due to the large number of software tools for converting, users might get confused in terms of which one to choose. However, not all of them provide the same benefits. For example, the possibility to change fax to PDF. Have a look at the chart below to compare AltoFaxtoPDF to other key players on the market.
|No software downloads||✔||✔||❌|
|Cloud storage||Unlimited||No info||No info|
|Price||Free||Free 7-Day Trial paid||Free 7-Day Trial paid|
|Encryption and security||✔||✔||✔|
Customer Reviews — Trusted by great people
What I particularly appreciate is that all the operations here are free. I can create PDF files out of my fax files without paying a penny. However, it’s the same quality as other reputable tools.
I started using the tool after my phone failed to open a fax file. I needed to convert it to PDF fast and AltoPDF saved me. Since then I’ve only been using this converter.
Converting fax to PDF files has never been easier for me! The tool’s user-friendly interface speeds up the process. And you can do everything online without any installations!
How to Convert Fax Files
How to transform a fax to a PDF online
The Alto Fax to PDF online conversion process is a perfect choice when you have a smooth Internet connection and don’t want to waste time installing expensive software. With a cloud-based conversion tool, everyone gets an opportunity to change a file’s format from any device. Even while on the go. Besides, having a free solution with a full suite of doc management tools saves you a lot of money.
Changing a fax to PDF with the Alto converter consists of the following steps:
- Open AltoFaxtoPDF and import a file. Drag and drop the document or import it from an internal or online storage.
- Once the doc is ready, change its format by clicking on the Convert Now button.
- Wait a few seconds and then save the new template.
- Repeat the operation with another file or make changes in the converted PDF doc.
Keep in mind that saving the file is important, because Alto doesn’t have any access to your documents. It automatically removes both the original doc and the final sample. This online service guarantees privacy. It requires no registration and has a user-friendly interface. Moreover, there’s no fixed number of faxes that can be converted. Every user has unlimited access.
How to transform a fax to PDF in Google Chrome
Google Chrome is not only a popular web browser but also a powerful tool. It includes a number of unique default options, yet the best thing is that it supports integration with several extensions. Among them are a lot of tools for document management, conversion, and protection. The Alto Fax to PDF converter for Chrome is simple to install and easy to use.
Follow the steps below to convert your document with the Alto extension:
- Install the extension via Chrome Web Store.
- Click on the logo in the extensions panel.
- Add the document using the Choose File button or Google Drive logo.
- Change the file format by clicking on the Convert option.
- Download the newly converted sample to your device.
When you need to convert a fax to a PDF, a browser extension is one of the simplest ways to get it done. The service is secure and absolutely free. The engine carefully detects every detail of the page as well as formatting and styles and textual/graphic data. A file converted with Alto has absolutely identical information but in a more convenient format.
How to convert fax to PDF on Windows
The conversion of fax documents to PDFs on Windows is impossible without installing a specialized application or processing documents with an online solution. Use a cloud-based service like AltoPDF for multiple purposes, including; splitting, exporting, merging, etc., without any installation required. For a one-time operation or rare conversions, free solutions are the best options.
Generally, the conversion of a fax to PDF consists of several simple steps:
- Open AltoFaxtoPDF and select from where you want to upload your file.
- Import the document or drag and drop it to start.
- Complete the process by selecting the type of conversion need.
- Save the new PDF and download it to a storage of your choice.
If you choose to install a program with a converter as a part of its toolkit be ready to have a limited set of functions and trial period. Besides, most services require registration. For one-feature solutions, the process goes faster as most of them don’t require registration and are available for free. To select the one that suits your needs the best, visit the official Microsoft Store to browse more options. It’s always a good idea to choose licensed software to make sure your tool is secure and always at your fingertips.
How to convert fax to PDF on a Mac
Unfortunately, the conversion of faxes to other formats is not supported by any pre-installed programs on a Mac. It requires the installation of a specialized solution to work. Otherwise, you’ll need to use an online service or browser extension. The tool depends on your needs. Online services are easy and fast to use.
Below, see how file formats can be transformed:
- Open AltoFaxtoPDF on your Mac.
- Import the fax document into the solution.
- Click on the conversion button to start the process.
- Wait a bit for your document to be ready.
- Save the doc to your device.
The .fax extension may be more convenient for the one sharing the file than for those who receive it. This is where conversion to a more flexible format, like PDF, comes to the rescue. It’s also possible to transform such files with the programs you have already installed on your computer. Though, thousands of people prefer Alto’s simple interface, multitude of conversion possibilities, and the fact that it’s free.
How to convert fax to PDF in Adobe Reader
Adobe Reader is a multi-functional solution that is easily installed on your mobile or desktop device. It supports numerous files, but not fax formats itself. To open the doc in Acrobat, you need to change the document type by renaming it as a TIFF. Doing this avoids the need to convert fax to PDF. However, here is a step-by-step instruction guide on how to open and create a PDF from a fax:
- Install and launch Acrobat.
- Open the doc and preview it in the program.
- Click on the menu bar and choose File.
- Select Export and choose PDF as the output file format.
- Decide where to save your file.
The final result will be a PDF document, containing absolutely the same information, as in the fax file. The program has several versions, as well as paid and trial plans. Registering in Acrobat is one of the most important steps and after that, the trial period begins. It has a limited set of functions and to get full access to all tools and cloud storages you’ll need to purchase a subscription and make your first payment.
A fax or .fax extension can be easily converted to PDF with the help of special programs that can be installed or found in an online browser. When comparing these methods, it’s more convenient to use online platforms such as AltoFaxtoPDF. It’s free, easy to use and doesn’t require you to sign up.